nick venedi

Saturday 13 November 2010

The Capuccino Anarchist and x factor

I know this is not a subject of great interests to fellow TU activists who would rather have a pint or 6 in the Prince of bananas pub on a Saturday night before they go out clubbing but the X factor is a fascinating show which has attracted controversy recently.

It would appear (for those of you not familiar with the format) that there is a movement from what I call Cappuccino Anarchists to discredit the 'credibility' of the show. Now I know that I have been very critical of Simon Cowel previously and those who are trying to control the minds of the young via the media but the show offers the opportunity for some who would never have been seen before to enter Shallow land and make their dream true by exhibiting what they have.

This year we have two very good talented contestants Matt and Rebbecca but we also have a total banana called Wagner who is as gifted as I am Swedish his talent on the Richter scale is 0 out of 10 yet he keeps getting voted back in. It would appear that the Cappuccino Anarchists are trying to make him win to show the establishment that the British people will not be controlled by media manipulation. Now that in itself is attractive to me I am however concerned that the process of inactive rebellion will undermine the success of Matt or Rebbecca who are, in my totally expert opinion (who said I was big headed?) the best entrants we ever had. So the Capuccino anarchist rebellion will damage the chances of these young people who are very good at what they do and that would be a shame. I know that their leader reads this blog as I got some comments from him/her so maybe they need to rethink?

No comments:

Post a Comment