nick venedi

Friday 14 October 2011

Joanna Lumley Greek Odyssey



Excellent first episode by Joanna Lumley who makes a great ambassador for modern Greece (and lets face it we need one right now). The documentary started by showing us remote and not that unknown places and avoided concentrating on stereotype versions of tourist areas.

Choosing the remote part of the Peloponnese (Mani) was a great choice. Just wonder whether the average viewer who only knows Greece through the eyes of Tulisa Contostavlos and George Michael will appreciate what Delphi has to offer? There is of course Peter Andre or Pete Sampras to chose from so whether sticking Nana Mouskouri in the middle of Epidavros was a good idea remains to be seen.

Great start to what promises to be an interesting documentary.

3 comments:

  1. Right away I аm going to dο my breakfast, аfterward having my breakfast cοming oѵeг аgаin to
    rеad fuгthег news. This Site

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exсellеnt рost. I used to bе chесking conѕtantly this blοg and
    Ӏ'm impressed! Extremely useful info specially the closing phase :) I care for such information a lot. I was seeking this certain information for a long time. Thanks and good luck. http://www.tinnitus411.com/stop-ringing-in-the-ears/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is perfect time to maκe some plans for the longeг term and it
    is tіme to be haрρy. I've read this submit and if I could I want to recommend you few fascinating issues or advice. Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read even more things about it! click here

    ReplyDelete