nick venedi

Saturday 21 April 2012

Unison NEC and the Greek TUs

Interesting entry on Jon Rogers blog today regarding the apathy ( I think that's what he was saying?) shown by some Unison NEC members on inviting a guest speaker from the Trade Unions in Greece to speak at conference.

This does not surprise me as I know from sources down there that Unison has not made many serious attempts to develop links with the Greek TUC they are, after all, only interested in organising strike action and are obsessed with bringing down the capitalist system and ideas like that could be dangerous? Have I got this wrong? I was at the 6th general strike in Athens on November 29/30 and every European country had reps on the march but not Britain? Even the Germans were there...







No comments:

Post a Comment