nick venedi

Thursday 19 January 2012

The Iron Lady

Interesting film. Went to see it last night with friends. It is difficult to say whether I thought the film was good and or whether I could recommend it? Lets just say its not as good as The Life of Brian or other Monty Python masterpieces.

On the whole the story was accurate and the scenes were well directed. Meryl Strip did her best to interpret the handbag lady but the story lacked clarity as it missed showing the havoc and devastation caused by policies imposed on the north of England and the affect the obsessive free market policy had on the miners. The producers were obviously afraid to touch that area. Shame!

A huge negative point is that 70% of the time we are shown how she is today and assumptions about how she behaves here and now are made. Assumptions that cannot be verified.

I give the film 6 out of 10 but I am definitely not very impressed, am sure, however, that the BAFTAS will shower Meryl Strip with many awards they always award themselves as much as they possibly can. Am I being negative here? Well I just wasn't impressed! Not the best film ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment