nick venedi

Monday 4 January 2010

Back to reality...

Most of us are returning back to work today after the Xmas break. I had a good time with family and very close friends and that to me is the essence of Xmas and the holidayperiod. New Years Eve was a great night out with my circle of friends and my partners mates. We had a good time but it took me the whole of the New Years day to recover.
Going back to work with a busy schedule and a number of major problems that need to be resolved. I think the employer will go ahead and delete the number of secondments that Unison has and this will obviously provoke a fight. The current 4.5 full time secondments we have is just about enough to enable us to deal with the work that the employer dishes out. It always amazes me that the employer who has a team of more than 110 HR staff (includes employee relations and payroll) thinks that we are over staffed with just 4.5 of us not all as experienced. This is unfair and not right. And it is no good the employer saying that in the outer Hebrides and the isle of Bollonie they only have one because the difference in volume and complexity is vastly different. So we will fight this move and we shall win.
There are also a lot of appeals to resolve and the AGM to get right which is on the 14th of January. We always have well attended AGM's and I am hoping the 2010 one will be as successful as the others. Our priority must be to recruit more members and I think the time is right to drive that new initiative.

No comments:

Post a Comment