nick venedi

Tuesday 25 August 2009

Telly hegemony

One of the great advantages of living in this green and rainy land of ours is that one can often whinge and moan without having to justify the reasoning or attribute the reason to the movement of the moon. So in the best of British traditions I wish to register my great dissatisfaction with the deplorable practice of using the same old boring presenters on national television. I am specifically annoyed at having to switch my telly on and see Philip bleeding Schofiled or Miline Klaus (not sure that's how you spell her name) I find this hegemonic practice to be unacceptable and do not accept that the BBC producers who are after all using my money are right to employ the same people all the time. Can someone tell me why Philip Scofield or Miline completely non event Klass is on our screens all the time? Why doesn't teh BBC give other younger presenters the opportunity? And what the bugger is special about Noel God Damn Edmonds? Promise to join the United Left if they start a campaign to expose and abolish this elitist practice (just imagine Andrew Berry or Sean Fox on the telly and why not?) and I will of course write to the BBC (done it a few times before) asking them to justify how they are spending my money??

No comments:

Post a Comment