nick venedi

Thursday 20 August 2009

Speculation or fact?

I am unreliably informed that certain individuals may be preparing some people to stand for the position of General Secretary in the next elections for that position. The reality is that Dave Prentis could do it for another term and whatever anyone says he has held the fort well enough to win another term. Not everyone will be satisfied with what he has achieved but that is part of life. I am informed that even in my case some people don't like my approach or what I have done! (my mother is not happy with that of course!) Anyway the news or non news is that Linda Perks or Heather Wakefield could be the alternative candidates. Linda could be a strong candidate mainly because she is seen as someone who will take anyone on and could (wrongly of course) be seen as the one who 'managed to control' the London region. I won't make any comments on that but the general membership throughout the country will like that piece of PR so the reality is she could get a lot of support... but as I said before my money is on uncle Prentis doing it again... and I can confirm that Bannister wil probably be standing again and that Rogers will not!

3 comments:

  1. Linda Perks -interesting 'national officials' conversation overheard on a train back from a UNISON Conference not too long ago was that Linda Perks was not liked by HQ and officers therein. No idea if that means she is likely to get in or not if she stood.Seems likely Dave will continue in any case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon at 18.32

    An old (could have been young actually) Chinese proverb once said. It is better not to listen to conversations on the train for he (or she) who does could get himself (or herslef) into trouble. And as I know who you are (you told me this story before) you should perhaps put your name on this commnet?

    Thanks anyways

    ReplyDelete