nick venedi

Wednesday 22 February 2012

Role of retired members

I am aware of discussions going on at a national level about the role and the level of involvement retired members can have with their branches of origin. I have seen no evidence to suggest anything other than the need to welcome and embrace the help, support and contribution retired members can make. In fact I know of examples like in Lambeth and Croydon local government where the activity from RM's greatly contributes to the work done.

I think there is a fundamental point to be made when it comes to allowing RM's to vote on matters where they are not affected but I do not see why they can not be in the branch and participate at Branch Committee meetings/discussions or hold positrons of Convenor or Treasurer?

Unison will lose out if the rules are not looked at again and brought up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment