nick venedi

Sunday 19 February 2012

Anti German hysteria

I am anxious to ensure that those of us who are angry with the way the Euro project has gone do not take it out on the good people of Germany. Everyone who knows anything about history can make a case for and against the Germans but the person who is stupid enough to condemn an entire nation for the mistakes committed by the political class of one country is an idiot.

I am making this entry in my blog today because I accept (following a comment I got from a friend) that I am giving the impression that I am blaming the Germans for the entire south European misfortune. I hope I have been clear throughout that my target are the bankers and the politicians in all major cities where decisions are made. One of my closest friends, Martin, is a German and I would trust him with my life, Cord is also a dear friend. So my entries on here are about the decision makers.

On the other hand the Greek state is also managed ( illegal use of the word there..) by total bafoons who are so far up their arseholes they can't see the light on a shining drachma! They have been spending money like there is no tomorrow to buy votes for the last 20 years but that money was borrowed on the open markets. They could have explored different ways to finance the dream. The same happened in Portugal, Spain and Italy. Relatives in Brescia are assuring me that no one there trusts the Italian government stats so it would appear that the magnitude of the problem is far bigger than anyone expects. So when that apple pie hits the fun the Euro will go down the toilet of history.

I am also told that since 2004 the majority of all public sector utilities are actually owned by German companies so the rush to 'bail out' Greece isn't because the political class want to save 12 year old kids in Athens queueing up to get handouts but because the German companies who bought the utilities want to protect their profits. Its all a sinister plot and the only reasonable way to see this is to say that the system is totally wrong and unfair!

The one bit of information that I got from the Italian press last week that impressed me hugely is that at the end of the last war the German debt as a percentage of their GDP was 300% (if not more) yet this debt was written off and the Marshall plan of course injected trillions of dollars into the German economy to make it one of the worlds most competitive. So the punishment was to pay them out? In contrast the German occupation of Greece caused havoc and then the nation was forced into a civil war against the communist for another 5 years because the West didn't want Greece to be part of the communist block. There was no Marhsall plan for Greece or a return of the 95 billion worth of gold bullion stolen during the war! Yet the Greek debt is 150% of GDP the Portuguese around 140% Spanish 130 but no bloody beggar is going on about writing that off? Do they want the Southern countries to revert back to Dictatorships and war adventures? What a mess!

1 comment:

  1. The first allied victory in 1940 was achieved by us Greeks against much superior German/Italian forces in northern Ipiros. This clearly shows that the Greeks are better when facing a crisis. Took the Nazis 5 weeks to capture France and 6 weeks to take Crete. Don't push the Greeks too far!
    Yiannis Kyriakis

    ReplyDelete