nick venedi

Tuesday 2 March 2010

Peter Mandelson

No I am not running away with him, no I just have to issue a public apology because a few months ago I had a letter in The London Student paper (still get it even after my graduation in 1821!) attacking him for being incompetent. That was of course not right. I am still not too keen on his tactics or approach but the old goat has turned the opinion polls around and has reduced the Tory lead in a matter of a few months. Labour (and I am not publicly telling anyone to take sides here as I am in a politically restricted post) is now looking like a winning party again and it is mainly because of Peter Mandelson taking charge of the PR campaign.
Peter Mandelson has taken on the media and has turned things around. This shows how the nice but a bit naive Gordon Brown, who is clearly being bullied at the Commons at PM's Question Time by David Cameron, has made the right choice in bringing Mandelson back to handle the PR.
One thing is clear in all this. Labour took immediate action to rectify the catastrophic mistakes made by the bankers and had they not we would all be down the toilet of history now. The Tories would have allowed the recession take its natural course. In other words let everyone go down apart from the old Trolleys from Bollockshire and Wankarshire! and am still staying neutral on this!
Would the anon person sending negative comments about MJ stop doing this please? Leave her alone. As I say on top of this blog I won't publish nasty comments. Try and be a bit more constructive? We live in a democracy and we dont have to agree with everyone but more importnat we don't need to be dishing out nasty comments! She is doing what she things is right!

No comments:

Post a Comment