nick venedi

Tuesday 16 March 2010

The decision to leave




I am leaving the towers...



I waited until the Lambeth Branch Committee, which was held today, to explain the reasons for my decision to leave Lambeth. The committee had the right to know. I have also written to a number of friends in the branch and I promised that I will be visiting their offices and buildings in the next few days to talk to them in person.




I would like to thank the Branch committee for their good wishes and will repeat that my decision to leave was a very difficult one.




I would also like to pay a special thanks to the many members who stood with me over the years and especially those who followed my advice in the campaign between December 1997 to July 2001 and achieved the return of the Benefits Division back to the public sector where it belongs. A big thanks also to all who worked with me and those who stood with me on the picket line for 12 weeks during the payroll strike in the early 90s. There are many more people who deserve a mention and I promise that I will be visiting everyone over the next two weeks to talk to them face to face. A great thanks to all for messages of support I feel very humble, blessed and honored to have been able to work with and for such a fantastic group of people. I will be leaving behind me friends, brothers and sisters and I promise to keep in touch!




Stay strong and remain united!








No comments:

Post a Comment