nick venedi

Thursday 28 June 2018

Lambeth diaries

So I am now in Lambeth and was given a project to manage which involved sorting out the LAFIS system. Interesting challenge but I enjoyed the Byzantine methods Lambeth were using for its accountancy system. LAFIS was straight forward if you had the right frame of mind. So I wanted to just get on with it and stay out of the politics of Lambeth, but of course this proved to be impossible... Dick Serabji became the leader taking over from Linda Bellos who was a friend of mine. I wasn't happy with that. Thought Linda was a great leader. He didn't last long and Joan Twelves took over with her partner John Tucker. Joan was sweet but... it was becoming obvious that I would be drawn into the Trade Union politics as people who started to know me realised I wasn't someone to stand back and not get involved. I thought long and hard but at the end I knew I had to get involved to help out. I was attracted by the principles of NALGO that I always loved so agreed to become the Shop Steward for my area (MS) that changed the wholes history as there was no way back from then on. But I could not sit back and just watch the chaos taking over I never stayed out of trouble. Not sure that's a good virtue or a massive negative. But who cares! Who Dares Wins or at least tries.




nick venedi






























nick venedi
























nick venedi

















nick venedi


















nick venedi

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading it, you're a great author.I will make sure to bookmark your
    blog and will eventually come back down the road.

    I want to encourage one to continue your great writing, have a nice morning!


    Also visit my web site Business news

    ReplyDelete