nick venedi

Thursday 6 June 2013

God and religion

I was brought up as a Christian and indeed my family have been Christians for more than a thousand years I guess. I always thought that religion can be a good thing if interpreted correctly.

The way I understand it is that most monotheistic doctrines refer to a God that is not defined. God isn't a man or a woman, it is the power that has created so I can't understand why those who are so religious do not understand that they all believe in the same source of power i.e. the creator. So no idea how these people can justify killing each other on the basis of how they want to worship God?

I am also very suspicious of any religion that does not preach respect for other animals. Cruelty towards animals for me is one of the most abhorrent and vile transgressions there is and I look forward to the day when we can all agree that smaller and weaker animals than us have an equal right to a planet we all share!

No comments:

Post a Comment