nick venedi

Tuesday 12 October 2010

The Lambeth days diary...

I started writing the diaries of my experience and those who were close to me from 1988 to 2010. My original idea was to have an online version of what I experienced. But the task proved to be more difficult than I thought and this is because the diaries I kept are not totally complete so there is a brief gap between 1989 to 1990. I have spoken to friends who were involved with the struggles on a number of occasions about this and whilst they all think it is a good idea to record the events some of them may not want their names published online.

So I am taking a brief break from this glorious project because I feel that any historical record of the best branch in London (it was when I was there.. lol) should be written carefully. I am also grateful to a few people who text me to point me to the right direction but I will not lift my ban on anonymous comments and will continue the practice of not publishing these. There is no need for people to make comments without putting their name on what they say. The policy of no name no comment continues on this blog! I wish that other fellow bloggers would follow this policy.

I am meeting a friend who was key to the fight in 1989 next week and I will see whether my recollection of what happened coincides with that of mine, I will then start writing again. Shame I can't start with 2009 to 2010 as this would be so easy! But I will be getting there...

No comments:

Post a Comment