nick venedi

Thursday 21 October 2010

Europe in crisis or united in strife

I have just returned back from a trip to Greece and Cyprus where I was visiting friends and relatives so apologies to the thousands of readers who do not read my blog and the millions who would love to but don't know it exists. Apologies also for a few spelling problems I could not figure out how to tell google in Greek space to turn itself into English spell check mode and the spell check found every word wrong as I was writing in English and my cousins computer was of course turned into Greek mode.. if that makes sense!! Anyway the lord google works in mysterious ways and I will go back correct any errors now, am sure there is a simple way to have resolved this problem but didn't want to fight with my young cousins fire wall as he is younger and bigger than me!!

The news from Greek space is that the fight goes on. There is a multitude of proposals on how to resist ranging from all out general strike action to marching on the streets of every large city. No one I met under 30 was even remotely interested in petitions or leafleting outside buildings and when I told the guys I know there that's what we do over here they were puzzled they were even amazed that we schedule events like gatherings so late. But its obvious that those I met under 35 want to fight and will not tolerate drastic cuts.... I wonder if our great leaders will be linking up with the Euroland action, did we send anyone in France the day before yesterday?

No comments:

Post a Comment