nick venedi

Tuesday 22 June 2010

Facebook and my first ever real friend Melissa..

I have been an active opponent of face book for years mainly because of experience I had representing people at work who got into trouble whilst using the system. One case was with an individual who told their line manger that she was going home because she felt unwell then posted a report on face book talking about the wild bbq she had just been at! She got a warning as her line manager was a friend was was also on fb! In addition I had problems with one of my 5 exs (yes I am competing with Henry the 8th) who is still feeling sour...
But then things changed when for some reason I decided to re activate my fb account and did a search for two very good and old friends. It was one of those things and it worked. I found both of them, the gorgeous Alison, who I had been friends with since 1991 and Melissa my first real friend. Melissa and I went to school together when we were both 12 and we were inseparable then we lost touch for some reason as she moved to Italy and I moved here in London to save the world, but I have now found her and will never let go. What is also remarkable about Melissa is the fact that we both share an interest in writing, I had published my first novelI in 2000 and she is putting the finishing touches to hers! Amazing!
I am posting this because she told me yesterday when we were chatting on the phone that she reads my blog, something that I did not realise. The 12 year old pretty blond blue eyed girl is now a successful journalist living in Milan and she was my best real friend then and she will remain a good friend for ever! She is great and I withdraw my total opposition to face book! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment