nick venedi

Wednesday 2 December 2009

What's going on?

I have been asked on a number of occasions and more vigorously in recent times as to what is going on in the world of the region. Some of you have been wondering as to whether the forces on the left have given up and will no longer be challenging those they perceive to be on the right. The evidence for this 'theory' comes from the lack of motions being presented at both regional committee and now regional Council. I can understand why people think that things have changed but I believe that this tactical withdrawal of 'effort' in the direction of motions is simply a way of sending out a message. And what is that message you may ask? Well I would imagine the message is obvious? I would imagine it will all be revealed when the business of the Regional Council AGM is announced soon but I don't think for a minute that the 'left' has given up!

4 comments:

  1. And which side of the fence will you be sitting on this time??
    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Frank

    I can't see any fences from where I am so your question is irrelevant. Free thinkers enjoy the luxuary of being able to decided who is right and what is right

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think its a bad thing at all if people stop indulging in 'motion-based' politics and actually get on with real organising in the workplace.

    In fact I'd be more than happy if we cut back on regional and national meetings and conferences so that we had more time to help organise in our branch. Might even get to see the FTOs more often and get them helping more with the organising work?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon 9.27

    Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete