nick venedi

Friday 2 October 2009

Free Nicosia





I received a somewhat cryptic message via the blog about my use of the term Free Nicosia which I won't publish. I am assuming that it wasn't from the Mossad as I think they are busy doing other things? They question the use of the word free. Well the term refers to the fact that some of the Capital city is still under occupation by Turkish troops who arrived in 1974 following an illegal invasion. That makes the rest of Nicosia a Free area and that part of it - the occupied part - a Berlin type of a city. The only divided city in Europe. A fact not picked up by most of the groups on the left in this country. But credit to Bob Crow and a few others that have tried to do something on this. So Free Nicosia is the part of the city in the government controlled area the rest is under occupation.

No comments:

Post a Comment