nick venedi

Thursday 3 January 2013

Titles and Inequality

I have written about the connection between titles and Inequality before but I want to continue the argument.

I understand perfectly that the majority of people in this country want to have a monarch instead of an elected president who will probably not be known to anyone else in the world and I respect that this is indeed what the people want. But what I don't understand is the need to have a different class created of those who walk around with titles that they have inherited because of some lucky incident in their past. I am also not comfortable with having so many others acquiring titles because they sold a lot of underpants or they managed to cycle faster than Deidrie Barlow.

We live in a society where Equality is important and to have a situation where some are more equal than others is illegal and against the spirit and the meaning of several Equality Acts? Why isn't someone saying something about this massive contradiction?

No comments:

Post a Comment