nick venedi

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Ken Livingstone and John Prescot

Apologies to those of you who did not write in in your thousands asking why I have not posted anything on this blog for the last two days. I was taking some time off from saving the world and its 21 oysters.

The most interesting news for me this week was Ken's refusal to accept an honour dished out by the Queen. I respect and admire his decision he would have been seen as a major hypocrite had he accepted. On the other hand I was always amazed and shocked when John Prescott was more than happy to become a Lord a few years ago. This kind of gesture put people like me and many others off politicians who say one thing and do something completely different. Suppose politics is a dirty game? It doesn't have to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment