nick venedi

Sunday 10 July 2011

News of the world

I have to confess that I never bought a copy of this paper although I have to say that I did, on a few occasions, had a look at its content when staying or visiting friends who had a copy. It never impressed me as a serious paper but I accept that if 7.5 million people liked reading it then it must have been, in a strange sort of way, a successful journal.

So with the above in mind I would have thought that the proprietor could have sold it to some other organisation and allow the title to continue or re brand the whole thing as an act of moving away from the huge mistake committed by some of those who worked there? I would still not buy the 'thing' myself but at least this move would have secured the jobs of those who work there. Rubert the not so bear Murdoch is obviously more concerned about taking over the b sky b banana boat than saving 168 years of history so he thought that by ditching the NOTW it would open up the way to his take over? Am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment