nick venedi

Thursday 10 September 2009

Lambeth Council

I referred to Lambeth Council before as the Levitan and a number of people I know have been critical of this description saying that I am reinforcing the stereotyping of an organisation that is striving to improve. Well those who have jumped on that wagon should also see that I stated on many occasions that it is the machine that is meant to be making Lambeth work that I was focusing on. The Borough and its people are second to none and the area, which includes my favorite Vauxhall and Clapham areas are a successful story for excitement and diversity mixed together.
But I will continue talking about how the Levitan sometimes does not work and will be dealing with themes and issues that people do not know about. The famous Blackberry incident was one thing that highlighted how a vast organisation is incapable of coordinating activity between different departments or sections. There are things that are wrong with Lambeth and some that are brilliant and fantastic. The constant obsession with reorganising, for example, in order to reinvent the wheel is a practice that we will suffer from in the months to come and any idiotic decisions around that will be exposed by me!

1 comment: