nick venedi

Thursday 16 July 2009

Why isn't Lambeth working sometimes? Banana files 2

You could say this incident is of minor importance and the example I am going to give isn't of any real consequence to the rest of the world but the example of my raspberry is one that can illustrate why the Levithan doesn't work sometimes...
I asked my employer for a blackberry 2 years ago as I knew they were going to stop allowing the diversion of emails from work to home. This is essential to me as I need to answer inquiries after hours and over the weekend and sometimes when on holiday. It took a year and half for approval and then a few months for someone to set some system up so that it functioned. The system worked fairly well for a few months but then it suddenly stopped and I wasn't getting any emails coming through. When I made enquiries (took them 2 weeks to look into it) we discovered that someone somewhere decided that I didn't have a proper cost centre to charge my mobile phone bill to. It was stopped then it was restarted when a member in IT spotted my name and told them who I was and they then reconnected me. I have now been told that 4 months after having this 'helpful' device the organisation is switching provider (from T Mobile to Orange) so that I now have to go through another procedure to ensure that I get the service back.
The point I am making here is that we have a large organisation here not having a clear strategy and not knowing where its right and left hands are. This is surely no way to run a large body that is supposed to be providing a service to a deprived area? And I am deliberately using this non controversial example to illustrate how the Levithan works or doesn't work. I won't even bother to mention that it takes HR an average of 7 months to set up a job evaluation appeal when its own procedure states it should be a matter of weeks?? Get your act together I say!!

No comments:

Post a Comment