nick venedi

Monday 27 July 2009

The Olympics 3 Years from today... time to return the Parthenon Marbles

The Olympics will be starting 3 years from today and London will be celebrating the start of what would be a great event. I was born and spend most of my life in London and therefore feel particularly proud and excited that I might be able to be so close to such a fantastic gathering of people from all over the world. I am just hoping that I may be able to get into the opening ceremony this time as I was unable to do so in Athens in 2004 even though I tried. The Olympic spirit can teach us all so much and it will unite the world for a few weeks and has also forced the government into regenerating a part of the capital that was so neglected before. What a wonderful opportunity also for the stuck up plonkers in the British museum to return back the Parhtenon Marbles to the country that gave us all the Olympics?

No comments:

Post a Comment