nick venedi

Wednesday 28 September 2011

The speech

Interesting speech at conference yesterday by Ed Miliband. I think he tried to make himself sound more to the left but those in the know would point out that calling Blair a great man and saying that selling council houses was a good idea does not give him those credentials.

Apart from that I liked what he said about the need to break Britain's closed circles as I very much empathise with that and I also understand what he says when he explained the problems second generation Brits have had to face, I have been there!. The race is now on to ensure that people like my 13 year old nephew does not have to deal with the same challenges, so full marks for touching on that.

In general I think that he did impress some but needs to do more to make the floating voter feel that he is a Leader?

No comments:

Post a Comment