nick venedi

Wednesday 19 January 2011

The King's Speech

I Went to see the film The King's Speech at Clapham picture house tonight. The film was cleverly made with some splendid sound affects and it tells the story of King George the 6th who tries to overcome his speech disability with the help of a therapist played by Geoffrey Rush who, I thought, was the best actor out of them all.

Disappointed with Helena Bonham Carter's part so I am crossing her off my Christmas list and don't bother writing in asking me to reconsider my decision. I thought she probably 'over acted' and did not portray the character of Queen mum ( who I did not know at all) as accurately as she could have.

Colin Firth, on the other hand, was superb as he always is. No point telling you the story as you can easily go to your local library (before the Tories close them all down) and find out what its all about. So ignoring the class issues involved with the plot the film was interesting and you should all go and see it before the cultural revolution starts (well the UL revised version..!)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nick, you left acomment on the Midlands TUC Media blog about joining up the work - Can you send me an email address and I'll send you my opposite number details for South east Region TUC who can help you. Best wishes Alan Weaver aweaver@tuc.org.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reply Alan will email you separately.
    Regards
    Nick

    ReplyDelete