nick venedi

Saturday 22 August 2020

Lambeth diaries

The first entry I made re my experience and times with Lambeth NALGO/UNISON was around 2011. I started with the service plan and the Linda Bellos years. For me Linda was greatly misunderstood and had great leadership qualities. But the system swallowed her up. I arrived in April 1988 and left in April 2010 so my experience is huge and varied. I stopped writing the diaries, however, when I realised that I knew a lot and for the diary to be complete I would have to mention names of those who may not want the publicity. I met many good and honorable people. I am still considering whether I should restart the entries.. time will tell.  One thing I would say is that the people of Lambeth make the area beautiful and unique. I am honoured to have spend so many years serving its people and the TU movement there.

Nick Venedi

No comments:

Post a Comment